After carefully criticizing the movie verses the book I've decided 2 critical things are wrong.
1. there are about 10 different guys who would have made a sexier, more believable Edward. and he and Bella lacked the right chemistry. As Solae put it they were too busy seeming like they were going to eat eachother. It wasn't loving to me it was lustful. He's supposed to be so romantic.
2. Bella's room lacked her rocking chair. don't ask my why, but that chair added so much. It made her room more homey and it was Edwards spot. Not to mention he would hold her in it too. And don't get me and my sis started on his house and room, we're just going to drop that with a grrr.
So - any nominations for a better Edward? he needs to have darker hair, a slightly better build and be more believable that he stems from the early 1900's. (Maybe if they took some of his lipstick off.)
There were many things that were good- don't get me wrong. It's just never as good as the book.
My first nomination:
1. Tom Welling - Smallville's Clark Kent (now he's hot)
Free Read Eisenkeller Free E-Book Apps PDF
5 years ago




3 comments:
I was pretty disappointed with the movie too-- Edward looked liked he was going to hurl for part of it and then looked (and sounded) as though he was mentally handicapped through the rest of it. Beth described it as "awkward" which I think fits.
Don't get me wrong, Rob Pattison is hot and all, but he's not an "Edward" to me. I think Stephenie Meyer's original choice of Henry Cavill would have been perfect!
I totally hear you on Edward's room too-- where the heck are they going to fit the "massive" bed that he has put in his room in the next movies? Grr is right!
The only characters I think were spot on were Esme and Carlisle (okay, Jacob too), but everyone else seemed a little off. Let's hope that the next movie is better (and they get the wolves right) :)
At least the soundtrack is pretty good!
I actually really liked Robert Pattinson, but I heard about the movie before I read the book, so I kind of always had him in mind while I was reading it, so maybe that's why. I'll admit, the movie was cheesy and kind of slow sometimes, but overall I enjoyed it. :)
Edward was tall, not to mention hansom Rob pattison looks like he ran into a wall over and over again until his face was permanitntly
flattened. I agree that Henry Cavill would have been a much better choice
Post a Comment