Sunday, January 25, 2009

Addy's bday




Oh, wow. Where to begin. . . Since we never know what time kev will get home at night, we waited to celebrate until he was home. Addy was born on Inauguration day and so since she's turning 4 there was the Inauguration of Obama on her actual bday. Kev had fri and sat off, so Fri morning a very excited Kev woke up ready to go to Vernal. ( He loves getting out and this is as close to going to the mall as we can easily get)
We let Addy open her present from Grandma and pa Powell since we knew there was a walmart gift card and then left. It was so foggy and had RAINED (yep- weird) the rain had turned to icey streets. I think between the fog and watching a movie in the car Addy got sick. She threw up all over herself and car seat and car. Luckily no one else got puked on. We were almost into Vernal, so we stopped quickly at Walmart and bought a new outfit for her - underwear and all. The only thing salvagable was her socks since she had snow boots on. Oh, and her boots. Then we headed to Drina's house. They moved to Vernal at the beginning of the month. We washed her visited and then all went to Wendy's where the kids acted like they owned the place. Addy spent her money and the rest of the day went fine.
The next morning I was up early because the best baby in the world had slept for 6 hrs straight and my body was so excited to get that much sleep straight so I couldn't go back to sleep. Ian turned around and slept til 8. I put up streamers and so when Addy got out of bed she was pretty excited. I slacked off in the morning and played on the internet, so did Kev. In the afternoon Kev took Addy to go get balloons- because a birthday has to have baloons. This is when I finally kicked into gear. So by the time I started baking cakes I was kicking myself cuz I didn't realize that to make her Barbie cake I needed to bake two cakes in the same container for 1 hr each. So at noon I had two cakes to bake and presents to wrap and my neighbor came over to see the baby and gave me/him a gift. Farrari came over just in time to help me!! Since my mom was sick we decided we'd make dinner too. The poor boys (Kev, Ammon and Ben) had such a tough life- ignoring the baby's crying while they tried to watch Igor and we were cooking. Men are such help. All the fam that lives here came over for the party. Dougie iced the cake and Drina decorated while I cooked the rice balls me and fo had made. Just as everyone was eating dinner and playing bowling on the Wii the electricity went out. It was out for a good 45 min and we had all the blinds open so that every bit of the fading light could come in. The lights came on a few minutes after I dug out and lit the candles and my parents went home to get flashlights and had come back.
So we opened presents and Gabe was happy he could play the Wii some more.

2 comments:

Laurie and Charles said...

Thanks for the play-by-play. It makes is seem like we didn't miss all. Sounds like a great Family birthday.

Tessa Marie said...

Wow, sounds like an eventful day. I'm glad Addy didn't stay sick, that would have been so sad on her birthday! By the way, the cake was AWESOME!